We offer one Post-Doctoral Research Position at the Re:creation Virtual and Augmented Reality Laboratory, Tallinn University of Technology (https://www.ttu.ee/), Estonia. Details follow.
The present research project is devoted to computational intelligence based modelling of human behavior for developing visualization of complex dynamic data in Virtual Reality. In the context of this project, an accurate model of human behavior will be developed such that allows to gain the following highly important advantages in complex visualizations:
- Development of fast and accurate tracking of human movement in virtual reality in the “cave” stereoscopic visualization system.
- Due to high amounts of data, there exists a necessity to predict human movement for determining the data to be preloaded into the memory of the visualization device.
- Development of meaningful and intuitive interactions with the visualizations. This ensures that the data can be explored efficiently and in a way that allows to (and even encourages to) gain new insights into complex interconnections and relationships given the three-dimensional representation of the data in a virtual reality environment.
Requirements to the candidate:
- Good knowledge of 3D modelling;
- Experience in visualization of complex systems or processes and/or Big Data;
- Good programming skills;
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
The following skills are an asset:
- Knowledge of dynamic models;
- Knowledge of Computational Intelligence Methods.
We offer a salary of 2000EUR net per month, and the possibility to work in a world-class Virtual Reality laboratory supervised by leading experts in their respective fields.
All interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Motivation Letter to Dr. Eduard Petlenkov, firstname.lastname@example.org, by
September 15, 2017 extended to November 1, 2017.
The prospective start of the project is January 1, 2018, and the length of the appointment is 12 months with the possibility of extension.